- Design algorithms to infer key transportation patterns from various data sources
- Research and implement suitable strategies (e.g. regression models, neural networks, etc.) for solving data science problems
- Find and build real-world data sets for training various models and doing quality checks
- Productize data science algorithms within the StreetLight InSight® platform, in collaboration with the Application Engineering team
- Create visualizations and dashboards to help tell stories with data
- Define and implement customized and/or cutting-edge solutions for customers
Skills & Requirements
- BS/MS in Mathematics, Computer Science or an Engineering discipline from a top university. Alternatively, a PhD focused on quantitative research and discovering insights from data is acceptable in lieu of a BS/MS plus experience.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in data science and/or statistics, using tools such as R or Python
- 2+ years of experience in SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred), and good understanding of relational concepts
- Strong understanding of techniques in data science (machine learning algorithms, regression analysis, etc.)
- Strong data analysis skills, knowing what can/cannot be possible, and ability to visualize data in the best way possible
- Good communication skills – written, visual (presentations), and verbal
- Ability to deliver adequate results on deadline, and make compromises to enable scalability and productization of algorithms
- Geo-spatial skills are a plus
- Knowledge of transportation data / industry is a plus
- Quick learner, and a strong team player
- Manage, measure, and optimize multi-channel marketing campaigns and define effective marketing tactics to drive demand and scale results.
- Configure, manage, and improve our marketing automation ecosystem (Hubspot, Salesforce, and related integrations) and execute highly targeted campaigns including emails, landing pages, nurture streams, and paid media for increased lead generation.
- Build efficient sync processes between marketing and sales platforms and manage the lead flow between Hubspot and Salesforce including creation, scoring, and attribution. Investigate and resolve any issues as needed.
- Work with marketing, business development, and sales to coordinate campaigns and ensure effective communication streams and acceleration programs to target segments and accounts. Improve scoring models, assess performance of lead sources, and evaluate ROI.
- Focus on quality and drive continuous improvement efforts across the end-to-end processes supporting demand generation.
- Develop and maintain best-in-class database health practices including data integrity, enrichment, and a targeting/segmentation approach. Implement an ongoing data hygiene strategy.
- Provide excellent data analytical abilities to help drive decisions with strategic learnings in a compelling way to show what worked, what didn’t, and how we can improve new campaigns in the future.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience with B2B SaaS campaign tactics such as digital marketing, marketing automation, ABM, and lead nurture programs.
- Strong proficiency (3-5 years) of marketing/sales operations experience (Hubspot, Salesforce, Salesloft).
- 2-3 years demand generation/lead generation/digital marketing experience (LinkedIn, Google Ads, Google Analytics, ABM, direct mail, and various digital marketing capabilities).
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-moving environment and communicate clearly.
- Strong track record of driving successful multi-channel marketing campaigns that use online and offline tactics and generate measurable results & pipeline.
- A self-starter with the ability to learn quickly, thrive under pressure in a fast-paced and shifting environment.
Who You Are
- You’re metrics-driven with strong ownership and focus. We’re a data company, after all.
- You’re well versed in the strategies, tactics and technology used to guide prospects into the funnel.
- You are always on the watch for new innovative marketing tactics and creative ideas to improve our reach and drive more effective engagement.
- Your organization and project management skills are on-point. You’re able to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, with a high attention to detail.
- You fearlessly adapt to change. You develop workarounds to achieve goals when obstacles inevitably appear or can pivot quickly when priorities change.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You iterate, innovate and model a continuous learning mindset.
- You’re driven. You’re ready to join an equally driven team that values creativity, data and innovation.
- You bring positive energy to the team, even in the face of looming deadlines.
What We Offer
- A spot on a dedicated, connected, and high-output team, who celebrates each other’s successes more than our own.
- A chance to work with an international team of talented and engaged people from different cultural backgrounds and locations.
- A place where you can grow while making a real impact.
- Employer subsidized comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage in the US
- 9 paid company holidays plus accrued time off.
- Company-provided laptop and a tech stipend.
- Ample virtual initiatives and events to keep you connected with your colleagues.
- Design algorithms to infer key transportation patterns from various data sources, both StreetLight’s own data and metrics as well as third party data.
- Research and implement suitable strategies (from neural networks to a simple SQL filter, if that’s more actionable) for solving data science problems.
- Use statistical tools for analysis and validation of results.
- Present final result to stakeholders, including documentation and supporting interactive visualizations of data.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Solutions Engineers and Account Management to turn customer requests into clearly defined outputs, on time, that delight and empower the customer.
- As part of a rapidly growing team at StreetLight, identify opportunities for process improvements.
Qualification & Skills
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university
- 5+ years’ experience in exploratory data analysis and statistics, using tools such as R, Python, and PostgreSQL
- 5+ years’ experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and SQL, including strong understanding of concepts
- Basic understanding of techniques in data science (machine learning algorithms, forecasting, regression analysis, data visualization etc.)
- Ability to accurately estimate how long it will take you to finish a complex task, to meet those targets, and make compromises to enable scalability and productization of algorithms
- Knowledge of geospatial data and statistics is a plus
- Knowledge of transportation data / industry is a plus. This includes working in a transportation-focused role within government, consulting, private-sector mobility, or a non-profit
- Good communication skills – written, visual (presentations, charts, maps), and verbal
- Prospecting, developing and selling StreetLight’s mobility data offerings including SaaS, pay-per-use and custom project subscriptions.
- Working within the Commercial Sector sales team to develop winning strategies and tactics including refining the process of lead screening and qualification.
- Consistently prospecting for new business and building your sales pipeline through individual, outbound efforts.
- Promptly responding to and qualifying inbound leads/calls generated through marketing channels.
- Effectively presenting and demonstrating StreetLight products to prospects via video conferencing.
- Collaborating with Sales Engineers to develop technical solutions to meet prospect needs.
- Closing subscription sales of up to $50,000 in value.
- Supporting enterprise sales processes of accounts greater than $50,000 in contract value through prospecting and account development in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Commercial Market sales.
- Meeting and exceeding your monthly pipeline development goals.
- Meeting & exceeding your annual and quarterly sales quota.
- Supporting new market identification, validation and expansion efforts.
- Continuously seeking new ways to grow and develop both professionally and personally
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, preferably in a technical field
- 3-5 years inside sales experience selling SaaS products with experience in data, analytics, GIS or related field is a strong plus
- A strong work ethic and understanding that self-discipline and hard work are a minimum standard for success in Sales
- Proven ability to learn a sales process and improve it through collaboration with your peers
- Proven ability to learn and master selling in a new and technically challenging domain
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including the ability to explain and demonstrate a technical product to both decision makers and end-users
- Familiarity with and aptitude to learn and use modern sales engagement and automation tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, Salesforce.com and more
- A strong team player, comfortable working up, down and across organizations, internally and externally, to create success for yourself and your teammates
- Functionally capable and comfortable in a remote work-from-home situation
- A mission-driven mind-set, excited about working in a company that is striving to deliver products that help make the world a better place
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.