Who We Are
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for an Associate Consultant to join Advisory’s Associate Program for our Washington, D.C., Austin, San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, or New York office with an Summer 2022 start. We are looking for recent graduates (December 2021 – June 2022) who are passionate about infrastructure. Be involved in projects with our Advisory Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges.
WSP USA’s Advisory professionals are dedicated to developing business and operational solutions in all areas of management, investment, and development throughout the entire business life cycle. We offer our clients a unique combination of infrastructure expertise and management consulting leadership to help them determine how best to develop assets and cost-effectively deliver services.
The Associate Program’s mission is to expose associates to projects in all business lines and service areas across Advisory investing in their development as well-rounded management consultants and ultimately placing them in the service area best suited for them
The Associate Consultant must be passionate about the strategic development and management of infrastructure across all sectors: Transportation, Water, Buildings, Energy and Environment. Associates work on projects for public and private sector clients across a range of topics including funding and finance, organizational design, alternative delivery, economic analysis, research and innovation, data analysis, financial modeling, policy development, asset management, and more.
The position offers great opportunities for professional growth. You will work directly with industry thought leaders to identify and apply evolving requirements and innovative practices to large, highly visible projects across the United States.
- Analyzing needs and opportunities
- Researching industry trends
- Evaluating alternatives and priorities
- Developing the business case for infrastructure investments
- Writing reports and grant applications
- Supporting client meetings and workshops
- Analyzing project and program funding and financing options
- Reviewing and interpreting federal legislation and guidance
- Performing quantitative analyses and data analytics
- Developing financial models
- Providing strategic support in all phases of infrastructure planning and project development
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in civil engineering, business, economics, finance, urban or transportation planning, liberal arts, operations research, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated research skills and experience
- Ability to think creatively, work independently, and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results
- Interest or experience in the infrastructure industry and related sectors
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Advanced degree in business, economics, urban or transportation planning, civil engineering, public policy, or related field
- Management consulting or advisory experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Successful applicant must be able to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date or prior to December 8, 2021, whichever is later, or be granted an exemption based on a disability or sincerely held religious belief. If you cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability or a sincerely-held religious belief, you may submit an accommodation request to WSP’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office. Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccination here – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html.
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum Years Experience: 0-1 years
- Travel Required: 25%
- Job Status: New Graduate
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: WASHINGTON – 23RD STREET NW
- All locations: US-CA-San Francisco, US-CO-Denver, US-IL-Chicago, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Austin, US-WA-Seattle
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of WSP, one of the world’s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment markets. With more than 12,000 employees in over 200 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be essential in meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its U.S. companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.