For information on how to post jobs on our site and have jobs posted in our monthly email please contact (Sponsorship@yptransportation.org).
The Human Resource Generalist role at MASCO (Medical Academic and Scientific Community Organization, Inc.) is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on professional to make an impact. This position will play a key role in the success of the organization by providing employee lifecycle human resources support for four organizations: MASCO, MASCO Services, Longwood Medical Area Child Care Center, and Colleges of the Fenway.
MASCO is a non-profit corporation established to plan, develop, and enhance Boston’s Longwood Medical and Academic Area for the benefit of the public and its 24 member organizations. MASCO and its affiliates offer a wide range of services to these member institutions, including area planning, parking, transit, child care, emergency preparedness, and telecommunications. Learn more about MASCO here.
- Complete new employee orientations and process new hire paperwork.
- Aid in the administration of employee benefits. Act as the go-to resource for benefit-related questions. Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process. Ensure ACA compliance.
- Conduct exit interviews and administer the COBRA notification and tracking process.
- Submit compensation data for selected third-party compensation surveys.
- Provide full-cycle recruitment for assigned searches.
- Maintain HR and benefit related information in the HRIS (ADP Workforce Now).
- Work with finance department to ensure a smooth flow of payroll-related information.
- Maintain compliance with government employment laws and regulations.
- Administer leaves of absences, including FMLA and/or PFML.
- Support initiatives to further build employee morale and satisfaction.
- Handle assigned employee relations situations.
- Support the progress and reporting of DEI initiatives.
- Keep knowledgeable of human resources best practices and regulatory changes.
- Bachelor’s degree. Three to five years of HR generalist experience desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Previous ADP Workforce Now experience desired.
- Professional customer service and interpersonal style; ability to interact and work with a diverse range of people.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present communications through multiple methods.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, judgement, and organizational skills.
- Flexible team player work style to meet demands in an often-changing environment.
MASCO is seeking a new Junior Accountant who is eager to learn and excited to work with an experienced team of professionals! This is an outstanding opportunity for a new accounting professional to gain hands-on experience with collections, accounts payable, auditing, and more!
MASCO is where talent and motivation come together to do impactful work for the Longwood community. Take your career to the next level with us! Learn more about MASCO here.
- Perform collection activities including calls and meetings.
- Reconcile cash receipts to general ledger.
- Process accounts payable, print checks, and maintain electronic fund transfer records.
- Perform parking revenue control and other internal audits under the direction of supervisor.
- Prepare general and monthly standard journal entries.
- Reconcile benefit invoices to employee payroll deductions.
- Provide backup help to team members as needed.
- Associates Degree in business with accounting courses required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum one year of accounting and/or collection work/internship experience desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Previous Microsoft Dynamics, and DocuWare software experience a plus.
- Competitive compensation depending on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Monthly MBTA subsidy or FREE offsite parking
- Three weeks paid time off and hybrid work schedule
- Tuition reimbursement/ professional development
- 401(k) plan with generous employer contribution
MASCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity represented by our employees and member institutions. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.