New York, NY
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Are you passionate about making our cities better through active and affordable first-and-last-mile solutions? Lyft is looking to hire a passionate and analytical Expansion Lead for Citi Bike, New York’s exclusive bike share system. You will play an integral role in bringing bike share to new communities in New York and New Jersey and sustain our footprint in existing communities.
- Oversee planning and scheduling of station network maintenance activities and new installations for Citi Bike, such as system expansion, infill (expansion in existing service area), and activities in the existing service area
- Build and nurture relationships with city agency staff to support and streamline existing siting, permitting, and network maintenance processes
- Coordinate with DOT and city agencies for special events and related activities
- Coordinate with third parties to schedule removals, installations, and adjustments of stations, as well as unplanned impacts or blockages at stations
- Update and maintain project management tools and trackers, manage invoicing and payment processes
- Review station site plans to comply with specified guidelines and work with architects and designers on station design
- Think critically to help improve operational processes and create and maintain SOPs
- Contribute to inclement weather planning operations and SOPs, including winter weather and hurricane season
- Oversee and manage vendor performance around station deployment, station maintenance, and station performance processes
- Manage station performance KPIs such as uptime and docking errors, collaborating with cross functional partners including central operations, software, and tooling teams
- Serve as people manager for Expansion Associate
- Conduct site visits on an as-needed basis to evaluate station viability, issues, performance, etc
- Requires being on call for some nights, weekends, and holidays
- 4-5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy, environmental studies, transportation management, business administration or a related field. An advanced degree may be considered as work experience on a year for year basis.
- End-to-end project manager with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization and task management skills
- Strong data analysis and spreadsheet building skills
- Strong knowledge of New York City area geography and street layout.
- Fluently reads and understands construction plans and documents
- Demonstrated experience building and managing client relationships, including with city agencies and third party contractors, and other external parties
- Passionate about biking, bike share or sustainable urban development
- Familiar with NYC Permitting processes a plus
- Past work experience in the micro-mobility sector is a plus
- Experience in people management encouraged
- Masters degree in urban planning public policy, GIS, environmental studies, transportation management, business administration, or a related field a plus.
- Experience with Google Suite, Smartsheet, Tableau, or Submittal Exchange a plus
- Familiar with AutoCAD, ArcGIS or qGIS a plus
- Willingness and ability to work off hours and/or weekends if system-level issues arise
- You’re a team player with a collaborative spirit!
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process.