For information on how to post jobs on our site and have jobs posted in our monthly email please contact (Sponsorship@yptransportation.org).
Proposal & Content Manager
At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To create the best ride for all, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft Transit, Bikes & Scooters (Multimodal) Team Overview
Public transit is the backbone of a vibrant city. That’s why Lyft partners with cities and transit agencies across North America to expand access to transit, and shape a future where cities are built around people – not cars. Our Transit, Bikes & Scooters team leads our growing investments in multimobility, which currently span 85+ transit partnerships and the largest micromobility (bikeshare/scooter) programs in the United States.
Through our transit partnerships, we have been able to pioneer innovative service models that are helping our partners expand mobility options, especially in communities that have historically faced transportation barriers. These partnerships include dozens of senior mobility, paratransit, first/last-mile, late night, and suburban transit programs.
About the Role
Lyft is looking for talented writers and content creators to lead our responses to government RFPs (request for proposals).
As our Proposal & Content Manager, you will be responsible for crafting winning proposals that describe how Lyft’s rideshare and micromobility offerings can help expand the reach of public transit. You will strategically curate information from our content library, and synthesize new information from Lyft’s Product, Public Policy, and Operations teams to help inform our proposals.
A strong candidate will LOVE to write, and also have the project management skills to keep track of long lists of complex submission requirements, adhere to tight deadlines, and build cross-functional relationships.
As a key driver of Lyft’s multimodal strategy, you will be well-positioned to help shape the future of shared mobility. You will help us partner with cities and transit agencies across the United States to address some of the most pressing mobility challenges facing communities today.
- Proposal Development & Content Creation
- Craft winning proposals that describe how Lyft’s rideshare and micromobility offerings can help expand the reach of public transit networks
- Use your ear for diction, style, tone, and voice to write clear, concise, and compelling content
- Use your eye for visual hierarchy and layout to organize written content into readable, coherent narratives
- Work with cross-functional partners to stay abreast of changes to Lyft’s technology platform
- Build and maintain our content library
- Project Management
- Lead cross-functional partners through the proposal submission process from start to finish
- Ensure our proposals are responsive to long lists of complex submission requirements
- Juggle multiple competing proposals while adhering to strict deadlines
- Develop and execute internal processes and standards to support scale and operational excellence
Experience & Skills
- 2-5+ years of experience in proposal/permit/grant writing, technical writing, copy-writing/editing, grant project management, or other writing-heavy role
- Academic and/or work history in city and/or transportation planning, public transportation, or public policy strongly preferred
- Creative storyteller who loves to write and can breathe life into Lyft’s multimodal offerings
- Graphic design skills and/or familiarity with Adobe suite of creative tools are helpful but not required
- Strong project management skills and ability to effectively lead cross-functional efforts
- Experience working in rapidly evolving environments, with a comfort for ambiguity and a natural ability to navigate complexity and focus on the right information
- Ability to take ownership, juggle multiple work streams, and deliver on tight timelines
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink – Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
The work responsibilities of this role are expected to take place during business hours in your local Time Zone in [COUNTRY].
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States and Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state and local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft’s accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.