Location: San Francisco Bay Area preferred (remote eligible)
Optibus is a global SaaS company that provides innovative solutions for public transit planning and scheduling. We are seeking a Solution Engineer to join our fast-growing North American team. The role couples technical and client relationship skills to successfully implement Optibus’ platform. The Solution Engineer will work within a team to lead client onboarding, configuration of client data, and general assistance and troubleshooting with client work on the platform. The Solution Engineer will also support pre-sale activities in the North American market, act as a Subject Matter Expert in the field of public transit, and be the voice of the customer to other teams in the company.
You’ll be a great fit for the role if you:
- Are passionate about improving public transit
- Have an analytical mind and are hungry to solve problems
- Learn quickly and can easily adapt to new technologies
- Feel at ease communicating with diverse stakeholders and presenting to small groups
- Relevant technical background, either educational or based on work experience: 2+ years experience in a client-facing role, or relevant experience in the transit / transportation industry
- Experience successfully working in a team and managing time-based projects / deliverables
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to diverse audiences both written, and in presentations
- Readiness to work across time zones
- Ability to travel ~10% of the time (COVID-dependent)
It would be great if you have:
- Experience in public transportation planning and/or scheduling
- Experience in SaaS deployment and integration
- Experience with the public sector, or in consulting for the public sector
- A Master’s degree in Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning and / or Urban Planning
- Experience working with a global team across time zones
About the Company
Optibus is passionate about the future of mass transportation – we want more people to use it, and we believe it should take center stage as the world of mobility changes around us.
Our vision is to be the technology engine behind better and more efficient means of mass transit, making it the first choice for passengers and cities alike. Our technology is at the center of making this happen, with a unique combination of AI and optimization algorithms, since better scheduling and operations make for better mass transit service, for all. We’re a well-funded startup whose product is deployed at more than 1000 cities worldwide, and we are quickly becoming a leader in the space – and our culture reflects this: we like fun and super smart people, and we’re pretty serious about making mass transportation radically better. We have offices open in the US, UK, Germany, France, Brazil and Israel.
Optibus.com is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire talented individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please send an email stating your interest in a paragraph along with a resume to our North America Head of Customer Success Waiching Wong (firstname.lastname@example.org)