Kittelson & Associates has an immediate opening in Miami for a transportation analyst to support traffic operations projects including safety analysis, traffic engineering studies (e.g., signal warrant analysis), applied safety research, and conceptual design.
YOU ARE: a transportation analyst with a people-first mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to make a positive impact in our organization and our communities.
WE ARE: a passionate transportation engineering and planning firm that has a strong commitment to putting our people before profits. Listen to how our colleagues describe Kittelson values and culture here.
“Almost two and a half years in and I can confidently say that colleagues genuinely care about you as a person and your professional growth. You get to carve your own path and there are enough industry leaders in multiple sectors to learn from.”– AMANUA OSAFO, TRANSPORTATION ANALYST, ORLANDO
We invite you to learn about our team of professionals in Miami, and the projects they are working on across our offices in Florida. You may also enjoy exploring traffic operations-related projects across Kittelson on the Work page of our website.
The transportation analyst will support traffic engineering and safety studies throughout Florida. In this role, you will:
- Help our clients understand the existing and future conditions of subject facilities by analyzing field-collected data. Tools will include Excel, Synchro, HCS, SIDRA, VISSIM, GIS, and CAD.
- Develop future traffic projections following agency-specific methodologies and procedures.
- Create and screen improvement alternatives, perform traffic operations analysis and macro/micro simulation analysis, and refine conceptual designs.
- Document methods and findings in technical reports that are accessible to wide audiences.
- Present methods and findings to teaming partners, clients, elected officials, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil engineering or related field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing client needs and schedules.
- Ability to analyze and solve traffic operations/engineering, safety, and transportation planning problems involving all travel modes.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize time.
- Ability to develop internal and client relationships.
- Ability to learn a variety of software programs effectively and make timely and informed recommendations to clients, elected officials, and stakeholders. (e.g., Excel, Synchro, HCS, SIDRA, VISSIM, GIS, and CAD)
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam or ability to pass in the next 6 months.
Compensation and Benefits
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive employer-paid health insurance, a generous and flexible PTO program (in addition to parental leave), an outstanding retirement program, and a culture that seeks and values diversity and inclusion.
Base salary plus retirement range for this position (place in range determined by candidate’s experience): $70,000 – $80,000
We also recognize the performance of all staff through a performance bonus program based upon each individual’s contributions to key areas that lead to the achievement of our collective goals.
Flexible Work Environments
The health and safety of our staff and their loved ones is more important to us than where they work. We trust team members to make the decisions that are right for them. Kittelson continues to encourage and support flexible work environments, including providing stipends for cell phones and remote/mobile office setups.
If you have a passion for making a difference in transportation and want to work with a team that puts you in the driver’s seat of your career, we want to hear from you! Take the first step by using the “apply now” button to express interest.