The YPT Indy Chapter offers networking, fellowship and career development opportunities for new and emerging transportation professionals in metro Indianapolis.
October 15th, 2019
IndyGo Red Line Tour4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
HNTB (111 Monument Circle)
$15 for members/$20 for non members: Includes appetizer and drink ticket
Have you been on the new Red Line yet? WTS and YPT are teaming up to discuss lessons learned during design and construction and a trip on the Red Line! Jennifery Pyrz (HNTB) and representatives from IndyGo will be discussing major challenges as well as insight from the first month of ridership. We will then transfer to the Transit Center (walk) and ride the new Red Line to Two Deep where attendees will enjoy a complementary drink and appetizers! Register Here!
2020 Board Elections
Be a part of organizing our meetups, tours, and happy hours. Help develop new and exciting events. Grow our list of workshops and educational experiences within our chapter and with partner organizations.
- How to Run: If you are interested in running for a board position, you must be a dues-paying member in good standing by October 1, 2019. Go to yptransportation.org/join and confirm your active membership status with our chapter.
- Step 1. Learn About Board Roles: All board positions commit to a minimum of monthly board meetings and staffing events. Board meetings are where we typically discuss finances, goal setting, committee progress, plan communications to our members, and coordinate upcoming events.
- The Chair is responsible for day-to-day implementation of chapter board policies and guidelines, presiding over board meetings, creating and appointing members to committees, and acting as official representative of YPT Indianapolis. The Chair acts as liaison between YPT International and the Chapter. The Chair will support implementation of strategic goals with the guidance and support of the Deputy Chair.The Deputy Chair shall help to coordinate activities involving multiple directors and assist the Chair in his or her responsibilities. In the absence of the Chair, the Deputy Chair shall act in official capacity of the Chair and perform all duties of that office.In addition, YPT Indianapolis Chapter’s Deputy Chair has been responsible for organizing and scheduling board meeting dates and times and maintaining direct and thorough correspondence with the Chair in planning and administration.The Secretary’s primary directive is to retain notes and records of chapter board meetings, votes on decisions, and events. The Secretary is also to provide assistance and support for various chapter duties when assigned, such as providing additional assistance for event organizing and setup. The Treasurer / Vice Chair for Finance shall be responsible for the receipt of dues, directly or through confirmation from YPT International, and the safekeeping and management of funds. Tasks include, but are not limited to the following: Reporting of receipts, expenditures and balances at the request of the Chapter Board. Ensure funding for events through sponsorship or other means are aligned.The Director of Strategic Planning works to grow the sponsors and membership of YPT Indianapolis. They are responsible for implementation of the annual sponsorship campaign as well as maintaining relationships with the existing sponsors throughout the year. Works with other members to enhance the value of the membership and sponsorship.The Vice Chair of Communication manages all chapter communications, including the website and events calendar, the chapter email account(s), and social media accounts. The Vice Chair of Communications shall maintain planning and monitoring of engagement via all communications, and draw from the support of other board members and chapter members for the creation of graphics, copy, and other content shared within and outside of the Chapter.The Vice Chair of Programs plans and executes all events and the development of a full year schedule of engaging events. Events include tours, lectures, keynote presentations, networking opportunities, professional credit opportunities, monthly members meetings, and joint programs with other organizations. The Vice Chair of Programs shall coordinate support from the board and chapter members to successfully plan and execute programs.
- Step 2. Submit a Candidate Statement: Fill out this Google Docs form (linked). You may submit a statement of interest for more than one position. Save the link at the end in case you want to edit your statement later. Candidate statements are due by 11:59 p.m. EDT on September 27th.
- Step 3. Stay in Touch
- Through September – Campaign for votes from chapter members and prospective members. Attend chapter events. The 2019 Board will send out reminders for candidate statements.
- Early October – Final candidate statements and election procedures will be posted online and distributed by link in our October newsletter. All candidates should have active membership with the Indianapolis Chapter by October 1st.
- October 14 – YPT International will send an election ballot to all dues paying members for Chapter and International elections by 9:00 AM EDT.
- October 25 – Online elections will close at 8:00 PM EDT. Chapter and International members and nominees will be notified of the results shortly thereafter.
- by October 30 – The 2019 YPT Indy Board will contact all incoming 2020 Board members to schedule a transition meeting and get new board members off to a good start for the year.
- November 1 – 2019-2020 Chapter and International Board terms begin.
Chair: Jerome A. Horne
Deputy Chair: Taylor Firestine
Treasurer: Mark Spence
Secretary: Austin Gibble
Programs: Shashad Gujaran
Strategic Planning: Lacey Duncan
Communications: Jordan Williams
GET INVOLVED WITH YPT!
YPT Membership is open to all new and emerging transportation professionals and students around the world. Anyone is welcome to participate in our activities and the best way to stay apprised of them is to take just two minutes to become either a Friend (free) or a Member ($20).