Follow us on Instagram!
MUSIC CITY STAR RIDE + TOUR of BRIDGESTONE DISTRIBUTION CENTER
YPT-Nashville is excited to announce our February event which includes a train ride on the Music City Star out east to Lebanon for a tour of the massive Bridgestone Distribution Center! We will start by meeting at Riverfront Station in downtown Nashville @ 4:45PM and then all ride the train to Martha Station. We will then be shuttled via a bus to the distribution center where we will have a tour preceded by a presentation of the facility. Afterwards, the group will be shuttled back to Riverfront Station in downtown Nashville getting back around 8PM, so no need to drive out to the tour site! PIZZA WILL BE PROVIDED FOR ALL IN ATTENDANCE during the presentation.
Date: Thursday, February 16, 2017
Time: 4:45pm CST
Location: Riverfront Station (108 1st Ave S, Nashville, TN); Tour: Bridgestone Distribution Center (201 Bridgestone Pkwy, Lebanon, TN)
Free train tickets will be provided for the first 15 that register using the link below. For those that miss the cut-off, tickets can be purchased either online or at the ticket counter when you arrive at Riverfront Station. For those that already have a train pass and do not need tickets, please indicate that by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: Please RSVP with link below if you plan to attend!
YPT-N MCS Ride + Bridgestone Dist. Ctr Tour
Come to the next board meeting to get involved!
If you’re interested in becoming a leader in our organization, or helping to plan our monthly events, come to a YPT-Nashville board meeting.
Date: Monday, March 6, 2017
Time: 5:00pm CST
Location: Music City Central (400 Charlotte Ave.)
- November 11, 2013 – Launch Event with Area Transportation Industry Leaders at Music City Star Riverfront Station
- December 10, 2013 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD) with the Amp Coalition at The Pub Nashville
- February 18, 2014 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD) with NashvilleNext at The Row
- March 18, 2014 – Technical Tour of Averitt Express Facility
- April 22, 2014 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Transit Month Edition with Transit Now Nashville at Barlines
- May 20, 2014 – Technical Tour of Nashville International Airport
- June 17, 2014 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Dump the Pump Edition at The Pharmacy
- July 22, 2014 – Technical Tour of the TDOT Region 3 Transportation Management Center
- August 5, 2014 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): NashvilleNext Community Conversation Reception at Puckett’s on Church
- August 26, 2014 – Technical Tour of Marangoni Tread North America
- October 1, 2014 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Meet the Candidates Edition at The Row
- October 30, 2014 – USDOT National Webinar Event: 30-Year Transportation Policy
- November 13, 2014 – Technical Tour of UPS Customer & Sorting Facility
- December 16, 2014 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Acme Feed & Seed
- January 22, 2015 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Transit Now Nashville + Young Professionals in Transportation at the Picnic Tap in the Nashville Farmers’ Market
- February 24, 2015 – Nashville Civic Design Center Mayoral Candidate Forum
- March 26, 2015 – USDOT Followup Webinar on their 30 year Strategic Policy Vision
- April 15, 2015 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Transit Now Nashville + YPT at the Picnic Tap in the Nashville Farmers’ Market (Transit Month awareness)
- May 21, 2015 – Technical Tour of the Tennessee Traffic Incident Management Training Facility
- June 11, 2015 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): YPT + Walk/Bike Nashville at TN Brew Works
- July 21, 2015 – Technical Tour of MTA Maintenance & Dispatch Facility
- August 11, 2015 – MTA/RTA nMotion Public Meeting + TOD Wrap-Up Social @ Five Points Pizza
- September 1, 2015 – First Tennessee Park Tour + Nashville Sounds Game
- September 16, 2015 – Nashville State Community College “A Day in the Life of a Transportation Professional” YPT Panel Discussion
- October 8, 2015 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Meet the Candidates Edition at Jackalope Brewing Co.
- December 15, 2015 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD) Holiday Edition: Clawson’s Pub & Deli
- February 2, 2016 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): TDOT’s 25 Year Transportation Plan Presentation at 5th and Taylor
- March 22, 2016 – Bikes vs Cars Movie Screening w/ WalkBike Nashville
- April 15, 2016 – Night Market at the Nashville Farmer’s Market
- April 19, 2016 – Nashville BNA Airport Tour – Technical Tour
- May 17, 2016 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Tavern in Midtown
- June 2, 2016 – EP Summer Social Cornhole Tournament: Partnered with ASCE, AIA, TN-SEA at Smith & Lentz Brewery
- July 26, 2016 – Nashville Sounds Game
- August 16, 2016 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Speedco’s “The Next 25” Presentation at The ROW
- September 21, 2016 – Nashville B-Cycle Ride & Tour
- October 13, 2016 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Meet the Candidates Edition at Tennessee Brew Works
- December 7, 2016 – Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD): Cards Against Urbanity Holiday Special at Jackalope Brewing Company
There are four key components of YPT’s program of events.
Networking Events / Transit Oriented Drinks (TOD) – These events are a great way to get to know your fellow transportation professionals and students in a relaxed, informal setting. We meet at various bars and restaurants in Nashville. Networking events generally feature an invited Distinguished Guest, or a special topic. TOD events are located along transit routes.
Distinguished Speaker Series / Leadership Seminars – These seminars are a great way to meet and interact with distinguished leaders in the transportation field. Participants are encouraged to ask questions about the speakers’ work, career path, and for advice to today’s young professionals. Speakers invited to attend include prominent transportation practitioners and leaders.
Technical Tours – These tours offer members the opportunity to explore transportation in practice, and in person.
Board Meetings – These are regularly scheduled meetings of the YPT Nashville Board of Directors. At these meetings, we discuss the group’s goals and strategies and plan events. They are on the first Monday of the month at 5:00 pm. Please contact us if you’d like to attend.