The Inaugural TRB Travel Award was launched at our kick-off event in January 2014. The Transportation Research Board (TRB) conference in Washington DC is one of the premier networking and professional development events for young transportation professionals. This year, YPT is offering two separate travel scholarships of $500 to offset travel, registration, or accommodation costs for you, our loyal members. We hope that this scholarship will enable more of our membership to attend this conference, which YPT nationally co-sponsors (via the TRB Young Members Council).
Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for the award, members must opt in by October 17 to a raffle in the fall using this form.
- Awardees agree to attend the YPT Leadership Meeting at the TRB conference.
- Current board members are ineligible for the award.
- Each member that opts in will be awarded a raffle ticket for each Eventbrite check-in at a YPT event between January 1, 2014 and September 30, 2014.
- The raffle will be drawn during the YPT/NACTO Happy Hour on October 23, 2014.
- Winners must apply for reimbursement of up to a total of $500 each by furnishing evidence of expenditure on any of the following items to email@example.com by January 31, 2015:
- conference registration (must be provided to show evidence of conference attendance),
- flights to/from the Washington DC area around the dates of the conference,
- accommodation in the Washington DC area around the dates of the conference.
- YPT SF Bay will reimburse the winner within 14 days of receipt of satisfactory evidence.
- Winners must confirm intent to use the award by November 15 and disclose any other scholarship/subsidy sources that may substantially duplicate this award and lead to withdrawal of the award at the discretion of the remaining candidates by the YPT SF Bay board.
- Awards are non-transferable. Declined awards may be re-awarded randomly to remaining candidates by the YPT SF Bay board.
Opt in for a chance to win the award here.