Who We Are
The Boston chapter of Young Professionals in Transportation (YPT) is dedicated to fostering career development of young professionals in the transportation field.
Our chapter was formed in September 2010 to enhance professional development among young transportation practitioners and future leaders. YPT was formed in 2007 as a national organization, headquartered in Washington, D.C. and has since grown to include chapters in many large cities in the U.S. Our goals are threefold:
1. Professional Development: Provide a regular series of seminars from leading individuals or teams in the transportation field.
2. Fellowship: Provide an ongoing forum for mutual support and interaction between young transportation professionals, especially for those starting their careers.
3. Networking: Provide networking opportunities and seminars to help young professionals advance their careers and share innovative ideas.
YPT Board 2018-2019.
What We Do
Networking Events – These events are a great way to get to know your fellow transportation professionals and students in a relaxed, informal setting. We meet at various bars and restaurants in the Boston area. Networking events generally feature an invited Distinguished Guest, a leader in the transportation field. Boston events are free, unless otherwise noted.
Leadership Seminars – These seminars are a great way to meet and interact with distinguished leaders in the transportation field. Participants are encouraged to ask questions about the speakers’ work, career path, and for advice to today’s young professionals. Speakers invited to attend include prominent transportation practitioners and leaders.
Technical Tours – These tours offer members the opportunity to explore transportation in practice.
Board Meetings – These are regularly scheduled meetings of the YPT Boston Board of Directors. At these meetings, we discuss the group’s goals and strategies and plan events. Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month. Check out agendas and minutes here.
Join YPT-Boston for one of our upcoming networking events, brownbags, or technical tours. All upcoming events are posted here, or click here to sign up on the YPT Friend list – our general mailing list.
Become a Member of YPT Boston
Becoming a YPT member is simple. YPT offers two categories of involvement: a Member and a Friend. A paid voting Member registration fee covers activities at YPT Boston, as well as with our National (Washington, D.C.) chapter.
Membership to YPT is open to all young transportation professionals and students around the world. We DO NOT have an age-restricted definition of “young” in YPT. Anyone is welcome to participate in our activities and base membership is free.
Benefits of Membership include:
- Discounts to YPT events
- Special Members only events
- Eligibility to run for a YPT Boston Board Member position
- Eligibility to vote in YPT elections
Plus all the benefits of being a YPT Friend (below)
The term of the annual membership fee is recognized as the period from the day YPT receives your payment until the prior day next year.
Membership dues are received and processed by our National (Washington, D.C.) chapter. Membership dues can be paid online or by check.
Become a YPT Boston Friend
Anyone can become a Friend of YPT Boston by signing up for the YPT email list! Click here to sign up on the YPT Friend list – our general mailing list.
Benefits of becoming a Friend of YPT for free include:
- Updates on all matters of interest to YPT members via our regular email distribution
- Subscription to Mobility Matters, YPT National’s quarterly newsletter
- Opportunities to get to know other fellow young professionals in transportation through regular events
Questions about becoming a Member or a Friend? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Election results are in! Visit our Chapter Leadership page to see the new 2018-2019 YPT Boston Board.
To communicate with our Board of Directors, please contact us at our general email address.
YPT offers its sincere thanks to our current sponsors: