Your colleagues are already taking advantage of the USDOT’s web-based textbook on intelligent transportation systems, the ITS ePrimer. It’s not too late to jump on the bandwagon. Visit the USDOT website and explore the electronic resource’s in-depth modules describing key ITS topics.
The ITS ePrimer helps transportation professionals and students better understand how ITS is integrated into the planning, design, deployment, and operations of surface transportation systems. It’s both a stand-alone reference document for practitioners as well as a text for education and training programs.
Each module includes interactive content via video and web links. Learn more about:
- Systems Engineering
- Transportation Management Systems
- Traffic Operations
- Personal Transportation
- Freight, Intermodal, and Commercial Vehicle Operations
- Public Transportation
- Electronic Toll Collection and Pricing
- Supporting ITS Technologies
- Rural and Regional ITS Applications
- Sustainable Transportation
- Institutional Issues
- Connected Vehicles
- Emerging Issues.
The ePrimer is a free resource offered via the USDOT website. All materials can be downloaded for later use.
What are you waiting for? Click here and expand your knowledge now!
– See more at: http://www.its.dot.gov/press/2014/eprimer_training.htm#sthash.WqpIn4t5.dpuf