Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates seeks a full-time Graphic/Web Designer to join their Creative Services team in their San Francisco office. Nelson\Nygaard is a mid-sized transportation planning firm committed to developing transportation systems that promote vibrant, sustainable, and accessible communities.
The Graphic/Web Designer will be a part of Creative Services, Nelson\Nygaard’s in-house team of designers and editors who are responsible for creating final reports, marketing materials, and websites as well as upholding the firm’s brand. The ideal candidate is a good communicator and a team player who can also be flexible and work independently.
The Graphic/Web Designer will produce cutting-edge visual, graphic, and web products for staff and clients. The right person will be willing to do any design work as needed and gain valuable web design experience.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Lead concept, design, and production of digital and print deliverables, including multiple chapter document layouts and customized templates (InDesign and Word)
- Create print collateral, including brochures, postcards, posters, signage and surveys
- Create infographics, including icons, flowcharts, data visualizations
- Design client-driven identity visual branding, including logos
- Design WordPress websites from wire frames to launch and related web elements
- Serve as back-up for backend web design work
Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in design or related field and at least two years of professional experience. Candidates will be expected to have a strong portfolio demonstrating creative skills in both print and web design. The ideal candidate will have an interest in sustainable transportation (knowledge of urban planning is a plus) and can convey technical information in dynamic, succinct, and visually engaging ways for a broad range of audiences.
Required qualifications include:
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, WordPress
- Innovative understanding of visual design principals, layout, and typography, and impeccable attention to detail
Salary and Benefits:
Nelson\Nygaard offers a flexible, friendly work environment that encourages diversity and creativity. This is an exempt, full-time position with a competitive salary. Benefits include health and dental insurance, a 401K/profit-sharing program and paid time off.
To apply, please combine your cover letter (that includes your salary expectations) and resume into a single PDF, using the filename format “Firstname Lastname–Graphic-WebDesigner.pdf”, and send to email@example.com with the subject line “SF Graphic/Web Designer”.